Unit 5 | Taking Stock and Stepping Forward
Unit 5 takes place in the post-Residency period. During this time, you will reflect on your digital participation over the duration of the course. You will explore decisions you made about your participation and share lessons learned with your peers. Literacies that citizens need to effectively participate online and the personal, societal and technological tensions in online participation will be examined. Issues arising from this discussion may include civility, anonymity, copyright, and other topics pertaining to agency, gender, expectations of professionalism, etc.
Learning Activities and Assignments
- Unit 5 Activity 1: Review your initial plan for cultivating your digital presence and digital identity. Reflect on the change in your plan and your thinking over these past 7 weeks and update your plan accordingly.
- Unit 5 Activity 2: Complete Assignment 1
- Participate in ongoing conversations on the course blog and student blog sites.
Can you believe we are almost done? Let’s take some time to reflect and consider where we have travelled in this course and the road forward.
Activity 1 | Updating your Digital Presence and Identity Plan
In Unit 2 you created a plan to cultivate your digital presence and identity. It’s now time to review that plan and reflect on it.
- How did you do?
- Did you stick to this plan? Why or why not?
- What strategies were successful?
- What did you learn in the process?
- How would you update your plan going forward?
Take some time to reflect on these prompts and then respond to these prompts (and share any other reflections that you have pertaining to your plan regarding your online participation). Respond by creating a short (2 – 4 min) audio or video. This is a somewhat informal reflection so it does not need to be a perfect video or audio. My suggestion is to make a bulleted list of topics that you would like to discuss and then record yourself discussing those points. You can share this publicly or you can share privately (e.g., youtube allows one to create unlisted videos that are only viewed by those that a link is provided to, or you can use the Activity 5.1 Forum on Moodle).