Welcome to LRNT521 – Digital Learning Environments, Networks, Communities
In this course, you will be introduced to ways that digital learning is organized, and specifically, you will examine learning groups, networks, and communities. Throughout the course, you will create, curate, and reflect upon your digital presence and identity. In addition, you will improve your ability to find and synthesize information and convey it effectively to a variety of audiences. Through a series of activities, case studies and discussions, you will examine digital identity and presence; social forms of learning and organizational structures for digital learning; and, the impact of digital learning environments on society.
You will learn through highly interactive, individually reflective, and focused applied activities and assignments, focused on participating in and exploring the implications of digital networks and communities.
- Create a digital presence and cultivate a digital identity
- Identify various organizational features of digital learning environments
- Critically argue the implications of participating in learning networks and learning communities
- Identify the impact of networks and communities on cultures, organizations and society
- To each other via the course blog and your own WordPress blogs – be sure to set up your Feedly. See here for instructions. You will need to add the OPML files to your Feedly for each course.
- #RRUMALAT on twitter;
- subscribe to my YouTube channel;
- @ChildsElizabeth on Twitter
- email email@example.com anytime
- join the weekly Collaborate Ultra drop-in sessions hosted by Elizabeth Thursday’s 9:30am – 10:30 am Pacific (wth the exception of Week 1 when the Virtual Symposium is running).