Welcome to LRNT 528 – Facilitating in Digital Learning Environments
In this course, you will design and facilitate a digital learning experience on a contemporary issue of interest. This experiential course enables you to put into practice many skills and competencies that you have learned throughout your degree, and empowers you to use them to facilitate a learning experience for your peers.
Throughout the course, you will gain a deep and nuanced perspective on designing and facilitating digital learning by using tools and practices that experienced professionals employ in their day-to-day work.
The unique feature of this course is its extensive experiential component! In particular, you will:
- Collaboratively design and deliver a weeklong learning module, grounded in online learning theories and models.
- Participate as a learner in learning modules developed and delivered by your peers.
- Develop practical skills in online learning facilitation.
- Evaluate and provide peer feedback on your experiences, both as a facilitator and as a learner.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of student-centred facilitation strategies.
- Design a digital learning experience on a contemporary issue.
- Facilitate a digital learning experience on a contemporary issue.
- Compare and contrast digital learning facilitation strategies.
- Evaluate a facilitated digital learning experience.
To your instructor Clint Lalonde
To the class via the Moodle discussion forums. This will be the main hub of conversation in the course.
To each other via the course blog and your own WordPress blogs using Feedly. Don’t forget to add the ‘LRNT 528 Posts’ OPML file and the ‘All Comments’ OPML file to your feedly. For a reminder on how to add the OPML file to your Feedly, please see: Use OPML to add your entire cohort to Feedly