Welcome to LRNT 528 Facilitation in Digital Learning Environments. I hope you will enjoy the next 9 weeks as you put into action many of the skills you have learned up to this point in your MALAT studies and add some new skills around facilitation.
I’ve loved spending the past week reading through your bios on the Moodle course shell and see the diversity in locations, roles, and fields represented within the cohort. If you have not had a chance to meet me yet, you can view my bio in the course Moodle shell or on my blog.
Ok, onto week 1.
Here is a summary of your week 1 activities. More instructions on each are available on the WordPress site under Unit 1 Week 1.
- View the week 1 welcome video https://youtu.be/XAK69f0jQvg
- If you have not done so already, watch the course overview video & review the notes about my presence & availability on that page.
- Review the course schedule on the WordPress site.
- Review the Assessment section on the course WordPress site to get a sense as to what you will be assessed on in the coming weeks.
- Review the LRNT 528 tools section of the Toolkit on the WordPress site.
- Set up your Mattermost account using the instructions on the course WordPress site. Use this special link to set up your Mattermost account. After your account is set up, you can then access Mattermost via a web browser at chat.opened.ca.
- Test your access to the Main Moodle course shell. If you cannot access the main Moodle shell, please let me know ASAP.
- Do the course readings for week 1, which includes a short video on the Community of Inquiry and the role of facilitation.
- After you have completed the Bull reading, record & post your short video reflection.
- By the end of the week, write a blog post using the 3-2-1 writing prompt.
Contact me at email@example.com or on Twitter @edtechfactum. Once you are in Mattermost, you can also direct message me within Mattermost.
Once again, welcome to the course. I will see you in Mattermost.
Clint Lalonde (he/him)