Welcome to LRNT524 – Innovation, Design and Learning Environments
In this course, you will examine the core aspects of designing instruction and instructional design in the context of digital learning environments through the lens of innovative and empathetic practice. You will investigate the continuum of innovation and its impact on the design of learning environments. You will apply design thinking and a design thinking process to the creation of digital learning environments for your context, and examine how the use of empathetic design is consistent with the development of inclusive learning environments for social justice.
- Critically examine various design models and approaches used in the creation of digital learning environments.
- Critically analyze user needs and experiences for digital learning.
- Explain how innovation impacts the design of learning environments.
- Propose a design solution to a problem.
To the instructor Jordanne Christie:
- Email: Jordanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @jordanne_c
- There will be optional Collaborate sessions to touch base and cover specific questions generated by the class.
- You can learn more about my background and interests by viewing my Instructor Profile
To the team coach Nooreen Shah-Preusser:
To the class via the general discussion forum in Moodle (use this forum to ask course-related questions of the instructor that may be shared for the benefit of the whole class).
To each other via the course blog and your own WordPress blogs using Feedly. Don’t forget to add the ‘LRNT 524 Posts’ OPML file and the ‘All Comments’ OPML file to your feedly. For a reminder on how to add the OPML file to your Feedly, please see: Use OPML to add your entire cohort to Feedly
#RRUMALAT is the Twitter hashtag for the program.