Welcome to LRNT 622 – Advanced Research
LRNT 622 helps students to transition from knowledge consumers to knowledge producers. Focuses on the research process with particular emphasis on creating effective research questions, analyzing and synthesizing literature, developing evidence-based arguments, selecting a research method to analyze secondary data, and developing a thorough research proposal related to learning, technology, and digital learning environments. Enables students to focus on an area of personal interest, a topic in the participant’s work environment, or conduct a digital learning consulting project.
- Construct an effective research question related to any combination of the following: learning, technology, design, and innovation.
- Critically analyze and synthesize literature related to the chosen research question.
- Develop arguments backed with evidence.
- Understand, describe, and justify research methods to investigate the chosen research question.
- Develop a secondary research project proposal or research consulting project proposal to investigate the chosen research question.
- To each other via the course blog and your own WordPress blogs
- #RRUMALAT on twitter;
My name is Deborah Zornes and it is a pleasure to be able to work with each of you through this course. I am the Director, Research and Innovation here at Royal Roads and one of the main tasks of that role is to work with faculty to develop high quality proposals. We help to develop anywhere from 150 to 200 proposals each year which gives me an excellent overview of research questions, theoretical frameworks, methodologies, and methods — all key things that each of you will develop in LRNT 622. I hold a PhD in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of Victoria, and I also undertake research into research effectiveness, and research administration as a profession. I completed my bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees while juggling work and family, so I do understand the pressures of undertaking graduate studies as a mature learner – I’m here to help.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out via email: email@example.com or via phone:250-208-4375