Welcome to LRNT523 – Foundations of Learning and Technologies
In this course, you will examine the core foundations of our field. You will investigate the complicated and pivotal histories and debates of educational technology, situated in a firm understanding of how people learn and how technology may (or may not) impact how they learn. Throughout the course, you will explore educational technology from multiple perspectives and develop a well-rounded understanding of not just where the field comes from, but also where it may be going. Through interactive activities, guided assignments, and individual investigations, you will become fluent in the field’s core and big ideas.
- Critically analyze debates and myths associated with learning and technology.
- Describe the relevance of the history of learning and technology on contemporary developments in the field.
- Apply learning theories in a variety of contexts related to digital learning.
- To each other via the course blog, the course Moodle site, and your own WordPress blogs
- Follow #RRUMALAT on twitter;
- Reach out at any time via email to your instructor for individual/group meetings