This Week’s Live Web Conferences
LIVE Collaborate event: Thursday, April 8, 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm Pacific – Closing Session
Join us in Collaborate Ultra to hear what’s next as you get ready for your first course/s (LRNT521 for the Online-only cohort, and both LRNT521 and LRNT522 for the Blended cohort). Meet program faculty and staff, and review your program from start to finish. Learn more about the cohort rep role. Provide us with your feedback on your The Link experience.
Join us for this session via the Moodle site using the participant link below:
Participant Link (Instructors and MALAT/DipLAT Learners) | Guest Link also available
You’ll notice that for both the Online cohort and the Blended cohort, the Collaborate Ultra (Class) hyperlink takes you to April’s The Link Moodle shell. This is because both cohorts share this Collaborate space, as the two cohorts join together in LRNT523.
All Collaborate sessions are recorded and will be saved here in Moodle. In the MALAT and DipLAT programs it is your responsibility to listen to the recording in a timely manner if for some reason you are unable to attend the synchronous session.
Activity 5 | Confidentiality Form, Model Release Form, and Photo for Student ID Card
Part 2: All students registered in degree, diploma and certificate programs at Royal Roads University are entitled to a Student ID card, and are expected to have a photo in the Student Database. Please submit a current photo for your Student ID Card (photo will also be uploaded to the student database).
1. Log in to your MyAdmin https://myadmin.royalroads.ca/Pages/welcome.aspx Find a tab called Student ID. Follow the simple steps (uploading your photo).
2. If you wish to have your student ID mailed to you, it will prompt you to upload a government-issued photo ID (eg. a photo of the ID).
Activity 6 | Building your Community – A Timeline Activity
What makes a community?
The answer is: too many things to list. But shared experiences and knowledge are elements of what makes up a community. Over the next few days we will be doing a timeline activity in which we will be sharing our experiences with each other with the intention of getting to know each other better and creating our own online community. If you have not yet had the opportunity to use Padlet, take a moment now to Google it or YouTube it to find some useful “how to” tutorials. This site may also be a useful resource for you as you move through your program: Technology Tools.
During The Link we will monitor your Padlet comments.
**Note: Padlet may open better in Firefox or Chrome than in Explorer.**
**Note: You don’t need to log in or create an account to do this activity**
- In your sector, what have been the predominant technology changes over the past 20 years?
- In your sector, what have been the predominant learning and education models used over the past 20 years?
- In your sector what do you see as the next “big” technology in the next two years?
- In your sector, what do you see as the next move in learning and education models in the next two years?
- Finally, look forward 5+ years. How do you see education, learning and technology intersecting?
Activity 7 | Resources
Review Week 2 Resources
Please ensure you have reviewed the following resources (links to each of these can be found on the Moodle Resources page):
- the Library website and the Writing Centre webpage
- the How to Write a Graduate-level Essay webpage, and the Writing Centre Web Tour video
- the Copyright Office webpage, the Academic Integrity & Research Ethics pdf, and the Citation Managers webpage
- the RRU Learning, Teaching and Research Model (LTRM) pdf, the Cohort Learning Model video, the Life Changing Experiences video, and the Relevance in the Workplace video
Complete Week 2 Resources Checklist (Quiz)
Please complete the Moodle Week 2 Checklist (Quiz) to indicate that you have reviewed the resources listed above in Part 1.